How to solve the first question in the Digital Media paper?
Digital Media is the new subject that has been introduced in TYBMM this year. Since this is a new subject there is no precedent, no 'last year's' question paper, no examples. So how do do you answer the first questions which is compulsory?
The fisrt question will be solving a case based on what you have learnt and practiced from the Module III of the syllabus - Social Media.
You will be given a case; for example, a company wishes to market a new product, or is planning a new strategy promote a brand.
You will be given the company's basic strategy, some info about the brand, what the company wants to do, how it wants to position the product, etc.
You will have to design a the complete Social Media strategy for the brand.
You will have to rely on the knowledge you have gained by creating the Facebook pages, writing your blog, Tweeting, etc. in your Module III assignments.
Please learn how to create a Facebook page and how to post on it, how to promote your FB page, how to pay FB (boost your post) to garner more likes, the difference between Paid and Organic likes, clicks, and reach of your post. Learn how to use FB Page insights. Learn the same thing about blogs, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.This will help you to design a Social Media strategy.
When you write about the strategy, plan your answer. Consider he following points:
1. First mention the theme, philosophy, etc. about the strategy you are planning
2. Strategy to be based on the Target Group / Audience
3. Also think of an offline strategy to support the online strategy.
4. How will you actively involve your audience? Online, offline, or both?
5. Then start writing about your various strategies for Social Media. You have to make a plan here. You don't HAVE to you all the social media just you have access to them. Choose wisely, and justify your choice.
6. Do plan the strategy about whcih social media you would use, on what days, and what times based on your target audience.
7. Mention insights / analytics
8. Don't forget the website
9. How will you keep a watch on your rival's activities? Tweetdeck, Klout, Analytics, Alexa, etc.
10. How will you ascertain maximum active participation
11. How long will you sustain the activity?
12. You could also mention what you might avoid
How this helps. Wish you all the BEST.
- By Dr. Mangesh Karandikar, Dean, Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies